February 3, 2012

Project Get A Grip - the Plan



I am at the crossroads of familiar frustration... again. Piles of clothes, piles of paper, piles of stuff.... piles in my brain. Piles of uncorrected school work, no plan for homeschool, no plan for meals, no plan for work... noplanplentyofpiles yada, yada, yada. Is this ADD / ADHD? Is it life in the 21st century? Is it just me???


There are two directions at this crossroad. One is throw my hands up and continue the present course, mired in frustration. The other is to plant my feet and get a grip.


So begins Project Get A Grip. It's what I say when friends ask me how I'm doing.


"What ya doin' these days?"


"Oh, you know, just trying to get a grip."


Over and over and over, I hear myself saying those words. You know it's bad when one of those friends says "So, what's your problem?" Ouch.


I think life in the 21st century has a lot of people struggling to keep up. But, I think those of us with ADD / ADHD have it twice as bad. I also think that it's real important to keep a balanced viewpoint about it all. I tell David that ADD is a big deal. It's tough. On the other hand, there are way worse things that we could be dealing with. The proper perspective is a balancing act and I try to stay on the side of optimism. I keep trying because practice makes progress. If I lose my optimism, I'll lose everything and then I'll just have to punch myself in the face! That's my daughter's saying. It's pretty spot on about the absurdity of beating yourself up.


Join me. I don't know where this will go. To be honest, I'm not starting at square one with this. I've been working on things, learning strategies, implementing and what have you. But, it still hasn't come together to meet my satisfaction. This project is about bringing all the strands together to create a lifeline. I'm not looking for perfection. I am looking to not lose the dang keys all the time!


Anyway, the project will begin with this: The Master Pile


See you next post!


Best regards,


leapinlily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your views or experience

 

Beyond Wits' End Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger